Is a Will Created Online without a lawyer Legal?
In Australia and most commonwealth countries a lawyer is not necessary to create a valid, legal will. In fact, you can save hundreds in costly lawyer and solicitor fees by using our cost effective, easy to use online will kit here at Willingness.
The requirements to create a valid and legally binding will in Australia are:
(1) You must sign and date your will in the presence of two witnesses, present at the same time, using the same blue or black pen and they must be able to see you sign;
(2) Both witnesses must be over 18 years of age, of sound mind, be able to understand the English language;
(3) Your witnesses must not be your beneficiaries or executors or related by birth or business to any of your beneficiaries or executors;
(4) You and your witnesses must sign at the foot of each separate page of your Will;
(5) Your witnesses must print their full names, address and occupation below their signature;
(6) Once the will has been signed by you and your witnesses, no writing or alteration can be made.
Willingness makes this easy for you by asking you some questions (takes a few minutes) then creating a personalised to you last will and testament with easy to follow instructions on what to do and where to sign. You can even update your will with ease when your circumstances change, to help protect your family and assets. Creating a will has never been easier with Willingness’ easy online Will kit. Get started today. For more great information on Wills be sure to check out other articles in the Willingness Learn Centre or follow us on our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.